Qualified BSAC Sports Divers are ready to take part in dives with other BSAC Sports Divers or higher and the depth of your dives can be built progressively to a maximum of 35m (after qualifying). The BSAC Sports Diver can also embark on the first stage of the route of instruction.
The BSAC Sports Diver course programme is used to develop BSAC Ocean Divers (or equivalent) into BSAC Sports Divers.
The BSAC Sport Diver Course consists of the following elements:
- Six classroom lessons – here you will cover a range of subjects including diver rescue, techniques for using shot lines, SMBs and a diving compass, and planning for deeper diving (including decompression diving),
- A theory assessment,
- A dry practical lesson,
- One Sheltered Water lesson,
- One optional Refresher/Orientation dive,
- Five Open Water lessons – here you will have experience of a range of 5 different conditions during a minimum
in-water time of 150 mins since gaining the BSAC Ocean Diver qualification.
You will also understand, and practice, the role of an Assistant Dive Marshal by maintaining a dive log and understanding the relevance and importance of the information recorded for safe buddy pairing and adequate dive monitoring.
With Atlantis Diving Centre you will have a safe, fun and high quality BSAC Sports Diver course experience.
As part of this we apply the following safety practices:
- A Risk and Medical Statement is signed by the participant (in the case of under 18’s by the Parent or Guardian),
- Any participant under 18 years is supervised by a parent or guardian at all times,
- You will be supervised by a BSAC Dive Professional that will be with you at all times throughout the day’s activity. All are in active teaching status, fully paid up members of BSAC and fully insured for your safety and peace of mind with DAN (Diver Alert Network).
- You need to be a BSAC Ocean Diver, - Able to swim and comfortable in water, - You should also be in good overall general health to dive, particularly your respiratory and circulatory system. You will be asked to either provide a medical certificate or self-certify before starting a course or entering the water, - And you need to complete the required BSAC forms.