During the BSAC Accelerated Decompression Course with Atlantis Diving Centre you will be taught:
- To monitor time spent diving on Nitrox at different depths and tracking different partial pressures of oxygen in order to avoid oxygen toxicity,
- The safe use of up to EANx80 as a decompression gas,
- The safe use of BSAC Nitrox Decompression Tables,
- The safe use of Nitrox and Air Computers.
The BSAC Accelerated Decompression Course is a two day course – day 1 will involve Classroom studies and on day 2 you will enjoy two Open Water Dives.
During the BSAC Accelerated Decompression Course the following will be covered:
- The advantages & disadvantages of using Nitrox as a diving and a decompression gas,
- Calculating ppO2, maximum Operating Depth and Nitrox mix,
- BSAC Nitrox Decompression Tables,
- Oxygen and Human Physiology,
- Equipment for Nitrox diving,
- Nitrox Mixing and Analysing,
- Dive Organisation & Management.
Please note that each part of the BSAC Accelerated Decompression Course concludes with an assessment, and only those who pass these assessments will receive the BSAC Accelerated Decompression Diver Certificate and qualification record book certificate.
With Atlantis Diving Centre you will have a safe, fun and high quality BSAC Accelerated Decompression Course. As part of this we apply the following safety practices:
- A Risk and Medical Statement is signed by the participant (in the case of under 18’s by the Parent or Guardian),
- Any participant under 18 years is supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
You will be supervised by a BSAC Dive Professional that will be with you at all times throughout the day’s activity. All are in active teaching status, fully paid up members of BSAC and fully insured for your safety and peace of mind with DAN (Diver Alert Network).
- You need to be a BSAC Sports Diver or similar (see BSAC SALT table) + 20 additional dives, - You need to be a BSAC Nitrox Diver (or equivalent), - Current evidence of Fitness to Dive (either provide a medical certificate or self-certification).